Colour Correction November 30, 2016 11:26
Colour Correcting – we explain what, why & how to do it
Turn yourself into a mix master with our tips on the latest make-up craze.
You’ve been caring for your skin and most likely contouring it too, but have you also been colour correcting it?
The answer is, probably not. If you’ve ever checked out a concealer wheel, there are flesh tones and even lighter tones, and then you have brighter hues of greens, pinks, and yellows.
And now, you're lost. Don't worry - at this point, most everyone is. It's very too easy to use the wrong shades for your skin tone and end up looking like an art class project.
But luckily we’ve broken it down to help. Colour correcting can be your best friend, but first you need to learn how to pick the right shades to address your concerns. Here’s the low-down on how…
What it is: Colour correction is a make-up technique using products that help to camouflage discolouration – under-eye circles, dark veins, redness or bruising.
Start with a small amount of product and build up. The aim is to neutralise the skin underneath your foundation to give you a consistent base to work with.
Why you need it: Skin experts believe colour correction is essential to creating a flawless complexion. It’s a lighter way to conceal different skintones and dark circles without using a lot of product.
How to use it: Consider whether you have a red or yellow base. Green counteracts red, so this is ideal for blemishes. Yellow neutralises pigmented skin and brightens to give an even look, pink will add warmth, and peach and orange neutralise blues and are ideal for under-eye circles. Colour correct after moisturising and before foundation.
Try: 1. Jane Iredale Corrective Colours Kit
2. Australis Colour Corrector 4 in 1 Compact
3. Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer SPF20
4. Innoxa Cover & Correct Cream Concealer Face Palette
5. Moisture Mist Green Veil Stick Foundation
6. Nutrimetics nc Colour Corrector Mint
7. Revlon PhotoReady™ Color Correcting Primer
8. Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector
9. Za Anti-Redness CC Cream
10. MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting Compact in Neutralize
11. Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer
12. Stila Correct And Perfect Palette